Me and couple of my friends were hungry one day and decided to try to something we had not had before (well me anyways), which was fufu (ghanaian one) and light soup. To my surprise it turned out great and delicious. This is just some steps we took in making the meal.
Light Soup: We used chicken but you can use beef instead.
Ingredients (quantity depends on how much you want to make)
meat or chicken, fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger (optional), 2 maggi cubes, salt, all purpose season, curry, scotch bonnets, bell peppers
- Season the chicken or meat and boil it in a saucepan 1
- while the chicken is boiling, in another saucepan put water, tomatoes, chopped onions, scotch bonnets, bell peppers, garlic and ginger
- boil till the tomatoes start to peel
- pour the contents into a blender and blend till smooth
- using a sieve, pour the content from the blender into saucepan 1
- leave to boil and season
should be ready in 15 minutes (give or take). now to make the Fufu
Fufu: We used the Tropiway plantain fufu flour, but you can use others such as the cocoyam, using a gas cooker.
- Put water into kettle and heat until it boils.
- Put 1 cup of Fufu flour into saucepan.
- Pour boiling water into saucepan on top of Fufu
- Place saucepan over medium fire and stir with wooden spoon until smooth
- To thicken Fufu, add more Fufu flour to the saucepan
- To soften the Fufu, add more boiling water to the saucepan
- Knead Fufu thoroughly until a smooth consistency is achieved
Viola you have your ghanaian fufu and lightsoup. I am not a professional chef and usually do not measure the quantity of what I use to cook, so use your initiative. Do let me know how it goes. Look forward to hearing from you.