Heey, I am ever so sorry, I need to learn how to be consistent on here. I needed time away to sort myself and I am in the process. I do not like blogging if I feel it wont benefit you or even me, I will be back every now and then. So here is today’s post. I usually give a back story about my posts so this is no different.
I was spending time with God one Saturday evening (that’s how I turn up). After I finished I was looking for my dream notebook from years ago and I came across this topic in my notebook which is about 5-6 years old now, but I believe it can help someone.
From the oxford dictionary Destruction means “The action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired”.
The devices I will be writing about is what the devil could use to break you (he has many tricks). At some point during your walk he will try to use one or two or all at once. This can be overwhelming, especially if you are not rooted in the word of God, got people praying for you or a Pastor you can confine in. These deadly devices could destroy you. It isn’t physically but spiritually it will take work to get you back up.
Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
John 10:10 (ASV) “The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly.”
(BBE) The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure.
- Doubt: When you start questioning God, his word and/or yourself. Mark 11:23
- Discouragement: Looking at your problems rather than God. Remember God is bigger than any situation, trial, tribulation you may face. Deut 31:6
- Defeat: You feel like a failure in life and do not even want to try. You have already given up before you started. Phil 4:13
- Delay: You put things on hold, or push it and it never gets done. God wants you to do something but you put it off and put him on mute. Another way to look at it is disobedience., when you do not do as God instructed. Look at the story of the Israelites going to the Promised Land, a journey that suppose to take 40 days took 40 years and not everyone made it.
- Diversion: The devil makes the wrong things so attractive and tempts you in anyway he can. Or he uses people to draw you away. (Adam and Eve)
- Deception: The devil makes you believe something, he deceives you. You will think you are hearing God but the devil is using the little bible you know to believe its God. 2 Cor 11:13-14
Some of these devices I have gone through, but I thank God, I am still standing. Like the song goes: When the oceans rise and thunder roars, I will soar with you above the storm. Father you are king over the flood and I will be still, know you are God.
Be rest assured there is NOTHING God cannot repair. He is the greatest mechanic I know.
Just remember God has got your back, you just say SATAN GET BEHIND ME and remind him who You are in Christ. You are not weak but strong in the Lord. He is your fortress. Love the Lord and watch him take care of you.
God bless xx